Friday, March 18, 2016

Exciting News!

I'm way overdue for an update, but this week has been pretty awesome.  First I had a very easy, yet well paying job in my own town of Chicago that's going to pay the rent in April.  Second, I got to talking to a fellow author who has this amazing idea for a book, but won't be able to get to it any time soon.  As we talked, I knew this was a subject I could handle and really spice up.  So when it came time to talk some incentives, he sold me the rights to the story and I'm pumped.


Before we get into the new material, this is going to push The Witch Wars to the back burner for now.  When I thought about it, I ended up thinking this was a pretty good idea, as I'd been doing the world of Grimm's Reapers for a long time now.  Maybe a break from it would be best for both the author and the readers.  Don't lose out on hope though - Oz Grimm's story will be told, just not next as originally planned.


As for the new story, here's the premise:


A star hockey player has a secret - he's actually an Ice Elemental from a long family of arcane masters.  Unfortunately, instead of using his powers to help rid the world of demons and their ilk, he uses it for self gain and to make lots of money.  Unfortunately, he can't run forever from his lineage and it's going to be a long way down for our "hero."


A main character after my own heart!  Forget doing the right thing, we need fame, fortune, and ladies!  Anyways, this story is obviously in the planning stages and needs to be done right.  As I get more into details, I'll update you as I progress.  Keep it real cyberworld and I'll see you next week.


-Jack
jack.crosby25@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment