Friday, May 8, 2015

Avengers, Boxing, and Weekly Recap (also contest info!)

Holy rusted metal Batman! I've been working way too hard lately at my real job and not nearly hard enough on my author biz. Let's just say that I never regret taking a job, but I 'almost' regret coming to Dallas. Between rodents chewing on cables, potential mold everywhere, and a guy who owns the business but is cheaper than dirt, I'm ready to go home and take a long vacation. Unfortunately, I'll probably be here another week before that happens.

But you don't give a shit about that. You probably care about the contest I posted last week, the one where I put a few of you into Old War Stories. Damn people, you went crazy. I've got about fifty emails to comb through, but I've been working on it. I'm going to delay naming the winners until Monday, as I've been super busy and I want to give anyone else a last minute chance to give me awesome reasons to be in the next book.

A few things I'd like to rant about before I go today. First, my 'friend' Jeremy told me I needed to check out the Mayweather-Pacquaio fight last weekend. I like my WWE and will watch some MMA here and there, so I gave it a shot. Damnit all, that was a freaking waste of money and time! The worst part was they actually announced a winner! There were no winners in that snoozefest, just losers - the people who watched that bag of shit! I don't claim to be a boxing know it all, but I do know I expect someone to punch the other and that didn't happen. Two thumbs down to boxing and to you too Jeremy!

To make up for that shit-fest, DID YOU SEE THE AGE OF ULTRON?!?! If you haven't, stop reading now and go do it. If you have, please continue. James Spader as Ultron was by far the acting pick of the year. I'm totally going to see that again this weekend (mainly because I now have the hots for the Scarlet Witch) because I need to see it again to process all the awesomeness. Between Thor seeing some messed up scene from Asgard where everyone was on LSD, Iron Man vs the Hulk, and then Ultron trying to destroy the world by making his own asteroid, I don't know what else to say. I'm ready for Captain America: Civil War to get here asap!

Well, that's it for me. I'm heading back in for another 'fun' day, so I hope yours rocks and keep sending me awesome emails.

-Jack
jack.crosby25@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment