Thursday, March 2, 2017

The Witch Wars Volume 2

Good morning, everyone. Holy crap, it's been so long since I blogged that I actually forgot my password for a bit. That's what happens when work life gets put in front of author life. I'm not exactly a good multitasker, so when I get sent on these trips and what not, I generally leave all my authoring stuff at home.


After stops in a few east coast towns, I got back home a few days ago and just vegged out. I'm pretty sure there was a 48 hour stretch where all I did was watch Netflix and eat microwavable foods (Jack Crosby is brought to you today by the good people at Hot Pockets!). I needed it though; after 5 straight weeks of travel, I'm home for the time being and it's time to get back on the writing horse.


A number of you have emailed me, and first I'm sorry I'm just getting to responding today. Second, let's go ahead and talk about The next Witch Wars books. Before I got called for a job rush, I'd been working along at a pretty steady rate. In fact, I am currently up to chapter 17 completed. With having the next three weeks off, my plan is to chip away some more at the draft and maybe, if we're lucky, be able to send it out to my new editor before I hit the road again.


To get you excited, let's talk a little about what's going to be happening in this volume. If you'll remember, at the end of Jacoby's Revenge, six months have passed and Oz and Cassandra are hunting down a demon named Chiron. Chiron works for Jacoby, so you can see why this is important.


Let's not forget Caspian, too. He's stuck in that shadow world with Khloros, who is none too pleased with the current company. Things go from bad to weird as they investigate the hidden palace behind the waterfall with some... unexpected help.


New friends are met and some powerful old friends return in the 2nd story of this 3 part adventure. And it really wouldn't be a Grimm's Reapers type tale if there wasn't an impending end of the world scenario to deal with as well. So yeah, lots of good stuff to look forward too.


I'll have more information as the weeks go on. I have requested a cover from my graphic arts guy. When I get that in, I'll be sure to upload it right here. In the mean time, if you haven't read Jacoby's Revenge, go give it a try. It is a wild ride starring Derrick's son, Oz. That's it for now!


-Jack
jack.crosby25@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment