Friday, July 21, 2017

Friday Freebie with Jack: Enter The Crusades!

So, after a 2 week sabbatical, I'm back. I apologize for last Friday, I had a bad flight the evening before and spent most of my day in bed with migraines and such. Today is a new day and we've got an adventure to get back to! Let's see what Death has gotten himself into this time.

Enter The Crusades!: Part 3



Markos was incredibly strong, as all Wrath demons were. I used his weight against him, easing up on my blade. He stumbled forward as his axe slid down Leviathan and to the ground. Thinking I was quicker than him, I tried to attack his prone back. Markos was ready, using the backside of the axe to block it. He pushed me away and stood back up to his full height.

“I’m impressed. I was under the impression your reputation was inflated.”

Hmph, that was rather annoying. “Oh no, Junior. You didn’t just say I was overrated.”

He leaned forward and dug his foot into the broken floor. “I’m afraid I did.”

The Wrath demon came at me again, no fear in his eyes. That was quite the insult. He swung the axe hard and it missed, cracking even more of the floor. I danced away from a second and third blow, patiently waiting for my opportunity. When it came, I was just too far away. Not willing to risk it, I bit my instincts down and didn’t attack.

With his assault over, “Are you planning on avoiding me forever? Come now, you can do more than prance.”

Ohhh, he was really good at taunting. The best taunters are the ones who actually mean each word that comes out of their mouths. If you don’t believe what you’re tellin’, then it comes across as pathetic. Markos was right, if I wanted to keep going, I had to actually do something.

With Leviathan dragging against the ground, I came at him and performed a double jump at the very last moment. I somersaulted over him He hadn’t been expecting the move so it was no surprise when I was able to sink the sharp edge on my scythe into his unprotected back before he had a chance to do anything. From there, it was easy pickings. One more solid thrust into the back of the head as he fell to a knee finished off the impressive Wrath demon.

“Bravo brother.”

“Damnit War,” I said. There, as smug as ever, was my brother. “How long were you standing there?”

He pried his lazy ass off the marble wall. “Long enough to see if you still had it. Apparently, you do.”

The two of us fell in line, walking back towards the exit that led under the mausoleum. Who did this moron think he was, grading me? Ohhh, he was lucky he was my brother or I’d open a can of whoop ass on him.

As we wandered down the stairs, “Did you get all your jollies out watching humans kill each other?”

“It’s been a wonderful battle, brother. You should’ve been there,” he said. Was he reminiscing about a battle that was still raging outside? What a weirdo.

When the stairs reached the bottom, War bashed the wooden door open with the sort of bravado you’d expect from a guy named War. Inside, it seemed Hell had come to Earth. There were two Lust demons, a Wrath demon, and a human witch. The witch, who ironically seemed to be leading the demons in some sort of ceremony, reached out and grabbed a dagger.

Neither War nor I knew what to expect. I half expected the witch to try and throw It at one of us. Instead, she plunged it into her heart, blood spitting out of the wound and on to the demons around her. This was black magic like I was unfamiliar with. As the blood hit the demons, they all began to smoke and burn. Shit – this was a summoning ritual.

A portal opened as the demons fell to the ground dead. A burning pentagram appeared out of their ashes and a figure emerged from the smoke.

“Hello boys,” came a sultry and dangerous voice.

Oh shit – Lilith was here.

Next week we wrap this first adventure up. Have a great and bacon filled weekend everyone.

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment