Friday, July 7, 2017

The Electric Mile: Nominated!

Hey people, it's Friday which normally means a Freebie Friday with Jack story. We'll get back to those next week as something really cool happened yesterday. As many of you know, The Electric Mile just came out on June 29th. Somehow, someway, it got nominated for the Summer Indie Book Awards, even though nominations ended on July 1st. How in the hell did that happen? No clue! But, as my dad once told me, ignorance is bliss.





From what I gathered in my investigation into the award, voting begins on September 1st. The awards are being hosted by Metamorph Publishing and this is the second year they are being offered. Last year, quite a few rather well known authors won in their categories along with a few undiscovered writers getting their first exposures.






I'm also quite proud to be representing the adult fiction categories. For some readers, authors who use sex and adult activities as a writing vehicle are frowned upon. I know so many of you and have read your books. They are well written and have excellent stories to go with the hanky-panky parts. Today, I plan to look over the list to see if more authors than just me were nominated. I hope so, as I want as many of us recognized for the great writing we provide.


I'm going to end today's post with a thank you to everyone. I'm not sure who nominated me, but if my book resonated with just one reader, that is more than I could've ever have hoped for.


Jack
jack.crosby25@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment