Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Books on the Road

Whoa - color me surprised with the reaction to my blog. Thanks to everyone who read and especially those who emailed me with some cool questions. Lizza's question was the first one I got, so I figured I'd answer hers today. She asked me since I'm on the road a lot, what books have I read.

Over the years I've read quite a few books, but with the advent of the kindle, the book revolution has exploded. I couldn't imagine life without the kindle now frankly. Its helped me discover plenty of really good fiction. So today I'm going to list my top five favorite books that I've downloaded (this does not count my paperback and hard cover collection).

1. Fimbulwinter by E. William Brown: This book is crazy. Daniel Black is a regular old guy who's about to get divorced. Well until he ends up getting sucked to a new dimension by Hecate and meets up with two witches. He finds out his video game skills have made him a wizard which helps him stay alive during the Fimbulwinter. This is the epitome of guy's action fantasy.

2. Wizards by John Booth: Jake is a wizard with a dragon. Even though that sounds cool, wizards are pretty well hated on every realm. Jake's other problem is he has a girlfriend on Earth and one in another dimension who happens to be a princess. Whenever there are multiple women invovled, it's going to be a headache.

3. Hard Day's Night by John G. Hartness: Jimmy and Greg are a pair of hopeless vampires who run the Black/Knight detective agency. They tend to be clumsy, useless, and really really funny. The story goes Jimmy got turned by a hot vampire when he was trying to hook up with her and then the following day he turned his best friend Greg into one too because he needed a meal. A definite read if you like vampire novels that go against the grain.

4. Power Play by Jeremy Croston: This is a norse based adventure that is crazy fun. Jack is a minor league hockey player with not much of a future and a pretty crappy past. All that changes when he finds out his teammate is Thor and he gets sucked to Asgard. Throw in a super hot dark elf, an insane bad guy with an awesome name (I could say Azmodeous all day long), and tons of action. **I do work with the Two Dudes, but I wanted to read their books before I joined up officially.

5. Exiled by M.R. Merrick: Chase is a young guy without a home. The protectors he was born into threw him out because he never gained an element. His dad hates him. His mom is not telling him the whole truth. There's just a lot going on with the poor guy. However, he does meet Marcus and the hot witch Rayna, which ain't half bad. With them, he learns how to stop whining and kick some ass. You go Chase!

So those are my top 5 current reads. I plan to read a bit more over the summer as I have two more stops in California before I make my way to Texas. Feel free to shoot me some of your favorites, I'd love to see what everyone else is reading. As I sign out, I'll leave you with my current to-read list.

1. Jake's War (Wizards Book 2)
2. Zero Sum
3. The Cactus Killer
4. The Haunting of Pico
5. Plain Dealing Villian

-Jack
jack.crosby25@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment